iPad Paintings: Vol 1



iPad paintings
2010
Finger on Glass

When I have some spare time (hahahahah) I like to paint on my iPad. Most of the people I know that use an iPad use a stylus because they want to draw/sketch more than paint. Yes, drawing with your finger isn't so great but I have no problem Painting with my finger. In fact, I like it quite a bit.

Above are a handful of paintings I did on my iPad with the Brushes app for iPad. I love this app. Yes, I've tried Sketchbook Pro, I like it fine, it's a great app, but I'm drawn more to the simple directness of Brushes. It's a pleasure to use. (Though there are a few things I wish it had (Saturation Slider please!))
Also, one of the coolest things is you can play back your painting right there on the iPad and watch as it re-creates itself. Even better you can email yourself the "actions" file for the painting to your computer and using the free Brushes Viewer application it can re-render the image up to 6x high and wide (that's 4608pixels by 6144 pixels!) The images here on my blog were shrunk down from that size to 2000 x 1500. It will export Quicktime movies too, I'll post some movies in the future.

Most of the work I do on my iPad is abstract but I have toyed a little with some indoor plein comput-air painting hehe. I would love to make a giant burka style outdoor iPad plein air painting jumpsuit hahaha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translumen 01

Myth & War Show at Nucleus Gallery!