2015 - Let the Stitching Games Begin!

Happy Monday to you! As we slide back into routine after the Christmas season, I bet a lot of you have been thinking about stitching goals, especially since there have been a lot of blog posts doing year-end wrap-ups and setting goals for 2015. 

I usually don't set stitching goals, especially quantitative ones.  I find I can easily change my mind during the year when I see someone else stitching something I GOTTA have! You know the feeling!  I didn't name it but I like Mary's TYRA - The Year of Reckless Abandon is the spirit of her stitching this year! Pop over to Mary's blog and have a read, and then you can ogle her beautiful samplers too! 

OK, so after having said that, I do want to continue to stitch smalls, especially Christmas ones. I might stitch the Birds of a Feather Santas, or Prairie Schooler Santas, or just some man in a funny red and white suit!  I do want to get back to stitching at least one big sampler this year but I think I will wait till Spring/Summer when there is more light and therefore, it's easier on the eyes to stitch on a bit higher count (35/36ct for me). 

In the meantime, I have something small on my scroll frame. I will show you a sneak peek. 
I am just doing a lot of filling in on the house so hopefully I can show you this small sampler finished next week.

I have loved the new setup in my "studio". (Yes I have finally ventured to call this my studio, rather than just "the Blue room".)  The IKEA picture rail, originally intended for holding artwork is now working really well for showcasing my smalls. I put a bulletin board underneath and now I can put my unframed samplers there too! It's really a good, inexpensive but temporary solution for my samplers.
Oh, one thing I really want to do is to try framing my own pieces. I have a small frame for my Noah's Garden so I hope to get that done this month! If you frame your own work, I would love to know about your experience with it!

Thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate that you take time to say hi with your comments. Have a great week! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translumen 01

Myth & War Show at Nucleus Gallery!