April Shelf and a few other things

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter weekend. Here we've had a mix bag of weather. Right now it's sunny so I've forgotten all about the rain already!

I will start off with the April Shelf:
All four of the pin pillows are made by me and they are Blackbird Designs. The sweet little bunny up front was made by Anna (Ana?) in Poland. Sadly we lost touch. It's been a few years since she moved and I think her blog was closed down.  I have found that has happened to me with blogging friends. "Life happens", I know, and changes can hit you in real life that doesn't translate to the blogging world. 

This next small is Caged Bird by Carriage House Samplings. I think I might spiff up the finishing a bit should/when I find the right trims.
Many of you know Carol of the lovely blog, Stitching Dreams. If you know Carol, you will also know it was a big birthday for her this past January. So I wanted to give her a nice gift but I warned Carol that it would take me awhile to get everything together. She just received the gifts prior to the Easter weekend so I can show them off now.

The pin pillow is the Sewing Bird from Homespun Elegance.  The fabric was left over from a shirt that I made and Carol really liked the fabric. So it was the inspiration for the colour theme. (Hint: If you want to make anything for Carol, you can't go wrong with BLUE!)

I love this design. It is so sweet and I made this last year and when a friend said she liked it, I gave it to her. She knows who she is...;-)  I have made a third one but it may also be gifted. I am destined to stitch this one at least one more time, I'm sure!
I included some silks and linen. This IS a big birthday, after all! 
I am eagerly waiting for 2 things I purchased from Market. Alas, it was wrongly addressed and returned to the needlework shop and they had to correct it and send it out again last week. I was really hoping they would get here before my birthday. Now I don't know. There are a few days left yet. Fingers crossed!

Here are my two furry buddies just enjoying snoozing in the moment! 

Daisy tends to sleep all tucked into herself all the time. Julius can be found sleeping in all sort of postures, including on this back with belly ready for a rub!  He just turned 9 yesterday! Daisy will too this weekend. They are middle-aged!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope Spring is finally paying you a visit with some warmth and sunshine!  Have a lovely week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Myth & War Show at Nucleus Gallery!

Translumen 01