Green Santa for St Paddy's Day!

Unintentionally, I have finished stitching my Green Santa, just in time for Saint Patrick's Day!  On St Paddy's Day, we are all Irish, right? ;-)

He's my second Santa this year. As you can see below, I am stitching my Santas on one piece of linen stretched on my scroll frame. I have space for a third Santa (to the right of the green santa) to come before I cut the linen away and maybe attempt some finishing!
Speaking of finishing, I did spend a few days last week finishing about 10 smalls! Oy, I shouldn't wait till the pile is that big! Here's a bunny pulling a cart of shamrocks - called, of course, Shamrock Bunny by Homespun Elegance.  
Next up, is Thankful Heart by Heartstrings Samplery.  I left out the words as I like the clean, simple design. 
Here's the fabric I used on the back. Love it. It's leftover from one of my homemade tops. 
It's been raining on and off for a few days so I will show you one of my blooming orchids.  I wish I knew the name of this orchid as it's just the best and it smells like vanilla, and keeps on blooming, just about!
Now, let's talk audiobooks. I find a good audiobook really helps with focusing on stitching. These are ones I've listened to lately that I've enjoyed. The links are to my reviews on Goodreads.
1. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton
2. The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton
3. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel
4. Requiem by Frances Itani

Do you have any audiobook recommendations?

What's on your menu for Saint Patrick's Day? I am thinking Lamb Stew with Guinness or Corned Beef (recipe to be sorted still). And something green ...Broccoli! lol.

Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy your week and I hope Spring comes in with a kiss of sunshine for you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Translumen 01