Spring Forward

With the change in season but particularly the time change, I think my mind is just a bit more slider-y, all over the place. There are so many things to do and enjoy! For this post though, I will focus on stitching! "Focus" is the word!

Here are some finishing of my smalls. The first is a part of an OOP design by Birds of a feather called Anne Wells. I am so glad I decided just to stitch it as a small so I can really enjoy the little house surrounded by flowers and two lovebirds. ;-)  I used a pink fabric to bring out the pinks in the flowers.
Anne Wells by Birds of a Feather
 The second one I love too for those orange flowers! Actually I think Paulette picked really wonderful colours for this one. This is stitched on a 32 count linen and ended up quite big. Imagine if you are a over one stitcher...this would be so adorable as a much tinier pincushion!
My Pinzzzz by Plum Street Samplers
Here is my start on my third Santa for my Prairie Schooler Santa SAL with Carol and Hilda. I am still stitching from the same booklet. 
Edited later to add:
Oh I'm so forgetful these days. I just found this photo in my camera. I wanted to show you these goodies that I got from Paula of Kelmscott Designs. Paula has started a new line called Whimsical Edge Designs. They have been mentioned in the latest Attic Newsletter too.  Thank you, Paula! These designs are so sweet!

I have to tell you about this book I read recently that I just loved - A Man called Ove.  It's about a grumpy old (though I don't consider him old at 59!) man - my favourite kind!  Not! But it's a great read: funny, sad all rolled up in a lovely story.
It's been very wet here lately but I am not complaining as I still see plenty of snow back east! It makes for good reading weather! Have you read a great book lately? I would love to hear about it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely week. I can't believe a quarter of the year is over already!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Myth & War Show at Nucleus Gallery!

Translumen 01